Lights Only Work When the Dryer Is On

I keep losing lights in the house, but when I turn on the dryer they come back on. Why and how?

That is wonky! Was the dryer just installed? If so, call the installer. If this is an existing dryer, it's time to call in an electrician. Electricity is not something to mess with so if you have an issue, best let a pro check and fix! Post back what you learn!

You lost half of the 220 voltage somehow. When your dryer is on it supplies the other 110 volts and the lights work. It could be something in your home, in which case you need to hire an electrician, or the wiring to your home, which the utility company is responsible for. Call the utility company first.

Do not play around with this issue. To do so could be dangerous or deadly.

I had a similar problem. My computer speakers would pop every time I turned my oven on. I knew the previous homeowners had jerry rigged a lot of the wiring.

I thought the whole house needed rewiring. My renovation contractor said it would only be necessary to replace certain wiring. As it turned out, upon complete inspection by the contractors electricians, the contractor said my house was the worst fire hazard he had ever seen. The whole house has been rewired.

For your own safety and peace of mind, do consult a qualified, licensed electrician to inspect ALL your wiring. Any work he does will have to pass city inspections. It could be costly, but your home and life are worth more than any dollar amount.