Troubleshooting an Electrical Switch

A guy rewired the house. He ran a three light switch for the bedroom. But he forgot to run a hot. I pigtailed off an outlet in the room that works, but now it stays hot and the switches won't turn off the fan or fan light.

If you paid someone to do work for you and it was done incorrectly, they need to come back and fix it or refund your money. Your first step is to contact him

Have you contacted the person who did the work? Unfortunately, if you ran something off of what he did, you may have invalidated any warranty. Hopefully he will help and you can get the situation resolved. Let me know what happens!

If you had to you could always get the better business bureau involved...just in case he gives you a hard time.

Anonymous

I didn't hire him. Someone else did. My question is. If I pigtail a hot to the gang switch do I only hook hot to switch