Litter Box Tips

I have 2 cats and 2 litter boxes. I find it helpful to put many layers of old newspaper in them and then sand on top. Under the newspaper I sometimes put some baking powder. This absorbs the smell. I only let them use 1 box and keep the other clean, with its door to the wall.

When I have no time to clean or when I travel, I can let them use the second box. When cleaning, I pull 2-3 layers of the newspaper out. It absorbs the urine and the clumped sand will stick on it. For the poo, I use the little shovel. When I wash the first box, I have the second for them and can put the first in the sunshine.