Where to Keep the Litter Box?

If you're like me and have multiple indoor cats, you need several litter boxes. It's often hard to find a spot to keep them where they're not too much of an eyesore and the litter that gets kicked out doesn't cause an issue.

I've come up with two solutions.

In the basement we keep the litter box inside of a dog crate (minus door). The cat food and water are stored on top. The litter stays inside the box and it's fairly well covered and protected from the dog (who is not interested in going inside the crate - lol!).

We have another litter box in the kid's bathroom. Extra kitty litter was constantly an issue on the floor, especially when damp feet came out of the bath, even though I keep a small whisk broom under the sink and sweep every time we scoop the box. To keep the litter contained, I purchased a tall sided plastic storage tub (often on sale after the holidays) and keep the litter box inside that. It has helped immensely.

By Stephanie from Hillsboro, OR

More Solutions

Way too many times, my Pomeranian would sneak into the room where my 3 cats' litter boxes and food are stored. She loved finding and consuming the "tootsie rolls" out of the litter boxes.

We found the perfect pet gate that fits in the doorway and has a smaller opening at the bottom. The cats can fit through but not the dog.

A pet gate with a small cat door.

Pets Cats AdviceNovember 26, 2019
🎄
😷
🍂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Where-to-Keep-the-Litter-Box-1.html