Room Color SchemesDecorating

Living Room Set to Coordinate With Burgundy Walls

I have burgundy walls with white ceiling tiles in the basement and was thinking of having either a burgundy living room set, or white, or maybe a combo. The floor has burgundy, white, and rose color tile. Any suggestions as to what would be the best color for me to choose and cost effective?

By bjbennett813 from Hyattsville, MD

I have a burgundy leather living room set. I bought some beautiful toss pillows to put on it and they are a swirl of burgundy, gold and light green. We then painted the walls in the room a Tuscan Gold color and used lots of green plants to pull it all together.

I think if your basement walls are burgundy it will make the room very dark if you use a dark color sofa. I know it doesn't sound like burgundy, gold and green would work well together but trust me, it does.

I would suggest looking in the home dept of some upscale shops or a fabric store that carries upholstery material and see what colors are used in the fabric with burgundy. See what you like. Just be careful that you don't make everything too dark. Also, anything in the range of beige or sand color will compliment the walls and then you could use gold or green for accent pieces... lamps, vase, candy dish, picture frames, etc. Good luck!