Living/Dining Room Paint Color Advice

My living and dining area is 1 large room. They are painted a harvest gold with white trim, my curtains are gold stripe, and the sofa is tan. I have put down new carpet, mostly grey with a touch of tan that shows in the sunlight. But it is really grey. I want to paint the rooms grey, but will that match the sofa and the curtains? I really don't want to go to the expense of buying new curtains. Should I paint gray or leave gold in your opinion.

I think you should leave gold. Grey walls sound very overwhelming to me.

Have you thought of going in a different direction? I feel like something in the red spectrum would go really great and liven up the room while contrasting nicely. Something like a salmon or lighter.

Grey is a very popular color. My daughter painted the walls in one room grey and it is lovely.