Look for Early Editions of Encyclopaedia Britannica

Hi, for everyone asking questions as to the value of Encyclopaedia Britannica sets, the basic guideline is that the 1st up until the 8th Editions have great collector values, defined by condition. The 9th and 10th Editions are so numerous that they are of small value; up to maybe $3-500 in good condition. Anything after the 11th, 12th, 13th (1910-1928) is basically worthless.

I have a leather bound 30 volume set of the 15th edition Encyclopedia Britannica. I am finding values for the 28 and 32 volume sets but nowhere can I find information on my 30 volume set. Any ideas on its value?

Hi, the 15th Edition was first released in 1985 introduced as a 3 part structure divided into MacropAedia, MicropAedia and Propaedia until 2010 in 32 Volumes. After 2010 the 15th Edition was of course printed until the end of production in 2012. Your so called 30 volume print could well be incomplete.

Anonymous

Where do I find it

any idea how you go about getting anything for them?

I have them.

you have what - a set, a few, leather or cloth . . . ?

We are looking for a specific book, my brother and I had a set when we were young, 1967 - 1969, they were sold with a special science volumes 1 -10 included. We were looking for the name of the Science editions and thought you might have some pointing abilities. Just asking, thanks in advance

I have a set of 10 books - The Book of Popular Science, copyright 1960

I have a revised set of the 9th brittanica by paul E Werner and saalfield.from 1908 to 1909 the James Baldwin systematic reading is dated 1910 and has G.A sigel as the new reviser.I looked up the history and fount that year the Werner company went against brittanica leaving the Werner company out of business.and in able to make or sell there revised set.I have 24 volumes of 25 would I be able to publish these since I believe I have the only set

Hello I have a unpublished never released revised set of the 9th brittanica.it was the competitor for brittanica during the time hooper and Jackson were battling it out for the 9th brittanica rights.i think jackson was working with werner too but im still investigating.the Werner company was already revising a set.but hooper took saalfield who was running Werner's publishing company 1900 1910 these books are 1908 1910 .the copy filed bankruotsy 1910 with ois when they lost at court and had top pay appleton 2000 dollars and agreed to destroy the book plates and never sell the product.these set has been in family tradiotion the hole time.i just recieved them.would I be able to get like royalty if I sell copy's online.could I do so legally.?or could I even do anything with such a set.

I have an Encyclopedia Britannica, set of 2, dictionaries, 1924, First Edition in excellent shape. Are they worth keeping to sell, or just take them to a recycling center?

Thanks!

Anonymous

I have Britannica 1 thru 29 i have 1989 Britannica annual. I have conptons 1990 .i have Britannica a thru z. Does anyone no what iam missing

Anonymous

Hi I've got 1-28 1768

I'm seeing much more recent editions on sale for $200 to $500

I have just one Vol. XXVIII MAL-SAR, with the last copyright at 1901 and at the bottom it states The Werner Company, New York Akron, Ohio and Chicago then it has 1902. It also has New American Supplement. It has a tear on the binder about the size of a nickel, little rough at the bottom but is in fairly good shape. All the pages are excellent. How much would this be worth approximately?

My britannica has 1768 on it. Is there any value

Hi what is the 9th and 10th edition worth in good condition...

WRONG. The 11th, leather bound edition is priceless if foundas it is the last pre-war edition printed before terminated.

i'd like to know where you got this info from because, while not completely erroneous, it is far from the truth; i happen to own a complete 11th edition, in not so great condition, and was offered $10,000 a number of years ago from a reputable museum. i declined the offer because my father gave them to me and i happen to be a bibliophile....

I have a 12 volume set of "New Americanized 1903 Encyclopedia Brittanica" that simply says "Twentieth Century Edition" underneath on the Title page. The copyright page on reverse has only 4 previous dates: 1890, 1896, 1897, and 1899. Does that mean this is the Fifth edition even though it doesn't specifically say so? How can I find the value of the set?