Looking for My Half Siblings

My father had 5 children (that we know of). 3 daughters and 2 sons. His name was Donald Wayne Cobb. His oldest daughter is Donielle. She was adopted out and had her name changed. His sons are Josh and Jason. My name is Sherrie and the youngest daughter is my sister Adrian. Adrian and I are full sisters from our mother Sherry. We are looking for our older sister and brothers. I have tried looking from my fathers name with no luck. I have hit dead ends on every endeavor. Would love help with this!

Best Answer

I have found an adopted our adopted out nephews by posting ads in the small community papers that come in the mail once a week (they are cheaper than regular newspapers). I put it in the "Attention" or "Notice" column. You could list his name in the ad in the town he was last living in. Also Facebook has been a GREAT place to find lost loved ones...there are various "Lost and Found" type groups on there. Good Luck!

Anonymous

I am looking for half sister, all I have is maiden name, country of birth, approx. year of birth

Best Answer

I would go with the other advice and try Facebook. Perhaps you have a site called Friends Re-united?

I would be cautious about using a newspaper, because on Facebook you can maintain some anonymity while getting to know anyone who answers.

Best Answer

Search city and court records. Where did she have her name changed? Facebook may be of help by locating others with the same last name who may have knowledge of your father's whereabouts. If you know the high school he graduated from, the class reunion committee may have info also.

Best Answer

Do the DNA testing that Ancestory.com offers (I think it is around $100). Then register your results. If they have done the same, the computer will match you up to each other.

Have you tried Ancestry.com? It could give you leads to other relatives who could provide answers to your questions.

Make your platform Facebook account post pictures of you and your family with a message asking for your sibling or the I love one that you are looking for you also can use this on Instagram Twitter YouTube hope everything works out

I have looked through Facebook and tried Ancestry. I found my father's information but only first names of all of us children.

It has been a lengthy search with nothing but dead ends.

I'm looking for my half brother, he was born in maybe 1964, 65, 66 or 67. Maybe we can help each other? My Mother refuses to tell me anything! It's the son she gave up for a closed adoption.:

He was born in Vancouver, WA?
Mothers maiden name Halvorsen. Can someone help me? When I finally got the guts up to look for my father, he had already passed away...I don't want that to repeat. Thank You

Hello, my name is Alyssa Cobb. My grandfather is Ronald Lee Cobb, my dad is Josh Cobb and his half brother is Jason Cobb. I have 2 full aunts from him that also starts with J's. My grandfather has been married to a Carrie. I do not know much about my grandfather's past except that and him growing up in California. They currently live in the south. If you could give more info on your siblings that would be great.

I stumbled across your post while trying to look for my friend's half sister. This could all really be a coincidence but lets just make sure. I have taken a 23andme dna test and I recommend taking it. By just getting ancestry you can contact people you are related to that have taken the test. Private message me if you would like to talk about it more.

Better Living FamilyDecember 20, 2016
🎄
🎉