Low Cost Flower Bed

Photo Description
It was getting dark when I took this picture. The strange arrangement of colors is due to the fact that the flowers weren't labeled and not in bloom when I bought them. At the base of the rocks are some newly planted Ajuga reptans. They will soon spread and cover the bare ground.

What is interesting here can't be seen in the picture. The Ajuga was a gift. The Pansies and Viola were on clearance last Fall for 10 cents per six cell pack. It's not the prettiest little niche garden, but when I consider it cost less than a dollar; I appreciate that I can be thrifty.
Most of all, I appreciate Mother Nature.

Photo Location
Tarheel State (North Carolina)

That is absolutely beautiful. My mother could find plants and nurse them like that. I am trying.

The rock is something I hadn't considered. And I just happened to be planning a trip where I can get river rock free. Thanks for the idea

This is cute. Between our home and the driveway next door pine trees were cut down. Well the trunks are still setting there. So I am using them to put large pots on. Hopefully it will help them rot out faster so that in a few years the Trunks can be removed. To close to a home and other trees to burn them.