Low Maintenance Plants

Planting low maintenance plants can help you have a beautiful garden and reduce the time needed to keep it that way. This is a guide about low maintenance plants.

We have recently renovated and added onto our 120 year old farmhouse. Our yard was totally ruined by the construction and I am looking for low maintenance, pretty plants and bushes to plant. I live in Missouri so they would have to be able to survive here. Advice on annuals and perennials are welcome.

Hardiness Zone: 5b

By paula from MO

Answers

I sug to go to Lowe's for flowers & to a place that sells fruit trees & grape vines. You'll find all you need. Don't forget a fig tree. You can also get flower seeds for flower beds, good luck.

Can anyone suggest a set of low maintenance foundation plants? Is there a formula for best practice for placement of the plants/bushes? I am down-sizing so I need to focus on curb appeal. Thank you, oh talented ones!

By TheOldLadyoftheVillage from Philadelphia suburb