Low Maintenance Plants

Planting low maintenance plants can help you have a beautiful garden and reduce the time needed to keep it that way. This is a guide about low maintenance plants.

We have recently renovated and added onto our 120 year old farmhouse. Our yard was totally ruined by the construction and I am looking for low maintenance, pretty plants and bushes to plant. I live in Missouri so they would have to be able to survive here. Advice on annuals and perennials are welcome.

Hardiness Zone: 5b

By paula from MO

Answers

I sug to go to Lowe's for flowers & to a place that sells fruit trees & grape vines. You'll find all you need. Don't forget a fig tree. You can also get flower seeds for flower beds, good luck.

Can anyone suggest a set of low maintenance foundation plants? Is there a formula for best practice for placement of the plants/bushes? I am down-sizing so I need to focus on curb appeal. Thank you, oh talented ones!

By TheOldLadyoftheVillage from Philadelphia suburb

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Photo Description
There were actually no plants on the property when I purchased it. After the pool and fencing was done, I planted everything; 99 Areca palms, many fruit trees, mango, coconut, avocado, orange, tangerine, lemon, lime and figs. In 3-5 years, that's the payoff. I used Epson salts on the palms and it was great help. Many storms and loss of some but definitely worth the effort.

Photo Location
Port Saint Lucie, Florida

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2