Luffa, Mushroom and Shrimp Stir Fry
Luffa Acutangula is also known as Chinese okra, and is a delicious vegetable. This dish pairs perfectly with meat and rice to balance your meal. This is actually a stir fry dish, but when you close the lid, it produces water so it could also be a soup.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 4 people
- 4 luffa acutangula
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1/2 lb shrimp
- 1 white onions
- Dash of salt
- Dash of pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3/4 package mushrooms
- 2 tsp green onions
- Few stems cilantro
- Peel luffa acutangula and wash. Then cut the entire luffa in half and then dice.
- Peel and wash shrimp, then mince to a paste. Add dash of salt and pepper.
- Wash and slice mushrooms.
- Dice white onions, green onions, cilantro and mince garlic.
- Ready to stir fry. In a pot, add olive oil and some of the minced garlic. Allow to warm up the pot and caramelize the garlic.
- Now add remaining garlic and all of the shrimp. Stir fry for a 5 minutes until shrimp is cooked.
- Add green onions, white onions and cilantro to pan.
- Aadd mushrooms and stir for a few minutes.
- Add luffa acutangula and stir for a few minutes. Add fish sauce. Cover with lid for 10 minutes and it will be ready to eat.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!