Make a Seed Sprouter for Salads

contest winner icon
Sprouting jars are about $20 in your local healthfood store.

Instead, pick up either a sheet or a pre-cut plastic needlepoint canvas from your local dollar or craft store and cut them to fit the top your Mason jar and screw on with the canning ring!

Now you can sprout your seeds for salads or to start seeds for your garden in it!

We probably know just about all we need to know, we just don't know where to use what we know (hey, that might become a famous quote someday (kidding)). Seriously, what you've done here is what I call 'borrowed technology' and it is super! Keep 'em coming.

Great idea! I like alfalfa, radish, and bean sprouts as a mix. You can buy them at the store under "salad mix" but growing your own is faster and cheap... plus it's a great way to show little ones the way things grow. Would give you two thumbs up if I could!

Yes, I also buy seeds at the END of each season (75 to 90% off!) so I like to sprout my garden seeds before planting them just to make sure they germinate...so I do both, sprout for sandwiches/salads and for my garden.