Making Almond Crusted Shrimp
Ground almonds mixed with coconut flour and seasonings is used to make these delicious fried shrimp. They are juicy on the inside and delightfully crunchy on the outside.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Ground up almonds create the perfect coating for these shrimp. They are juicy on the inside and super crunchy on the outside. My recipes uses coconut flour and is gluten-free, but you can use regular flour if you prefer.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 13 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 lb shrimp, cleaned
- 1 egg white
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil
- lemon wedges for serving
- Pulse almonds in a food processor until coarsely ground.
- Stir together almonds, flour, garlic powder, and salt.
- Dip each shrimp into egg white.
- Coat with almond mixture.
- Heat oil in large pan over medium heat. Cook shrimp in batches as not to overcrowd the pan. Cook each batch for 2 minutes, flip and cook another 2 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.