Making Buko-Pandan Cake
Natural is always a good thing especially with food. This recipe uses coconut and pandan with no added artificial colors or flavorings.
- 1/2 cup young coconut meat crushed/blended
- 1/2 cup young coconut meat cut into strips
- 1 cup pandan juice
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup brown or caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
Read More or Comment...
- To prepare the pandan juice, spin 3 pcs long leaves with 1/2 cup water in a blender. Strain the juice and set aside.
- For the cake, mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Separate egg and mix the yolk into dry ingredients.
- Pour in blended coconut meat and milk.
- Then the pandan juice, and mix very well.
- Meanwhile, beat egg white until foamy and stiff.
- Fold in egg white into the cake mixture until well combined.
- Fold in coconut meat strips.
- Pour mixture into a greased baking pan and bake over 180 C or approximately 350 F for 30 minutes.
- Serve topped with fresh coconut meat. Enjoy!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.