Making Cheesy French Fries

There is just something delicious about french fries being paired with cheese and other toppings. Here are some great recipes for making cheesy french fries.

When all you want for dinner is potatoes and bread. And you don't want it all plain. Here's something simple you can do with potato strips and a stale bread.

• 2 large potatoes, cut into strips
  • 1/2 cup cornstarch
  • stale bread, cut into strips
  • margarine or butter
  • grated cheese
  • meat sauce
  • 1/2 cup ground meat
  • salt and pepper to season

1. Combine cornstarch, salt and pepper then coat potato strips with it.
  2. Fry potato strips until crisp.
  3. Place it over bread strips drizzled with melted butter/margarine.
  4. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
  5. Saute ground pork.
  6. Add meat sauce. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
  7. Pour on top of potatoes and top with a thick layer of grated cheese.
  8. Bake over 150 C for 15 minutes.

Another kid friendly recipe.

Directions:

On a baking sheet, prepare potatoes according to package directions. Push potatoes into a pile in center of baking sheet. Stir soup in can and spoon over potatoes. Bake for 3 minutes more or until soup is hot. 6 servings.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Ingredients

• 3 unpeeled potatoes
  • 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
  • 3 slices cooked bacon
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • Ranch dressing

Directions

Cut potatoes in wedges about 1/4 inch thick and 3/4 inch wide. Keep immersed in water until ready to use so they don't turn brown, dry on paper towels and cook in deep fryer (or 4-6 cups oil in frying pan) heated to 350 degrees F, 1 minute. Remove from oil and let cool 10 minutes. When cooled, return to oil and fry an additional 5 minutes or until light golden in color. Drain. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F, arrange fries on baking sheet and sprinkle both cheeses on top. Crumble bacon over cheeses. Bake 5 minutes or till cheese has melted. Serve with ranch dressing

These are my favorite at Cheddar's restaurant so I thought I'd share the recipe with you.

By IMAQT1962 from ILLINOIS

Answers:

Cheese Fries

I eat these at Raffertys, oh my so good. I make them at home now, my son and I love them. (08/30/2006)

By christi

Cheese Fries

They sound delicious but I never deep fry anything. Has anyone ever tried these baked? I'm thinking the cut potatoes tossed with some olive oil, baked at 425 degrees F for maybe 30 minutes, turning them once or twice, then adding the cheese and bacon. Seems like it should work. I might just try that!

I like to just bake potatoes in the microwave, then cut them up and fry in a little oil, then add cheese, that's good too but this sounds even better. I'm always trying to cut the fat and calories without cutting the flavor. (08/31/2006)

By Estella

Cheese Fries

I have done these in the oven. I cook potatoes in the oven and then add everything else and melt together in microwave. (09/01/2006)

By christi

Cheese Fries Rafferty's

I noticed that one of you mentioned how wonderful these are at Rafferty's. YES THEY ARE! I'm looking for the recipe for their dip. I make a fool out of myself every time we eat there! (02/26/2008)

By Janie

Food and Recipes Recipes Potatoes Fries and WedgesNovember 18, 2019
🎄
🍂