Making Chicken Taco Surprise
Simmer chicken and veggies with taco seasoning for homemade taco filling. This one pan recipe is sure to be a favorite with your family.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
A nutritious taco skillet recipe for a quick dinner for three.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 3 servings
Source: My own
- 1 can (13 oz) chunk chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cup fresh spinach, stems removed
- 1 packet mild taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 taco shells
- Drain can of chicken breast, and empty chicken into a big skillet. Using a spatula, break up the chunks of chicken into shredded chicken form.
- Add water and taco packet. Cook over medium heat for five minutes.
- Add spinach. Cook for another five minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- Toast taco shells in preheated 375 degree F oven for 3 to 4 minutes. Break up taco shells into little to medium size pieces.
- Add cheese and broken up taco shells to chicken mixture. Stir to melt cheese and mix in taco shells.
- Serve with a teaspoon of sour cream, if you like.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.