Chicken Taco Recipes
Make your own delicious chicken tacos at home. This page contains chicken taco recipes
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Easy, cheap, and yummy!
- 1 chicken breast per person
- 1 jar picante sauce for every 4 chicken breasts.
- 1 bag tortillas
- shredded cheese (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
Thaw chicken and place in crock pot, pour picante sauce over chicken. Set on low and go to work, school, or run errands in the morning.
At supper time, pull the chicken apart in crock pot with forks.
Take out and put in middle of tortilla, top with cheese, sour cream, or both if you want. Fold and eat.
By MaLynn from Centralia, MO
This makes the most delicious creamy chicken for any of your favorite Mexican dishes. It is so easy to make and is filling!
- 1/2 block full fat cream cheese
- 1 cup Mexican shredded cheese
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 cup full fat sour cream
- 3 lb. bag chicken breast (roughly 8)
- Place chicken in crock-pot.
- Pour 2 cups salsa over chicken.
- Spoon 1 cup sour cream over the salsa.
- Sprinkle 1 cup Mexican cheese over the sour cream.
- On top of the Mexican cheese, add diced 1/2 block of cream cheese over everything.
- Cover and cook for 3-4 hours on High or 6-8 hours on Low setting.
- Shred chicken with two forks and enjoy! (optional)
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 3 Hours
By Teri M from Omaha, NE
I saw this recipe and the chicken crispers looked delicious. I made my tacos a little differently than the original recipe. They were delicious. They were spicy, smoky, and sweet. It felt like we were eating these in a restaurant, without the large bill to pay for!
Total Time: About 45 minutes
Yield: About 9 or 10 tacos
Source: www.cookingandbeer.com Crispy Honey Chipotle Chicken Tacos with Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1 1/2 lb chicken cut into strips or chicken tenders
- Chicken Coating Mix
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Chipotle Sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced (the original recipe calls for 3 chipotles, but that would be too spicy for my kids)
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- ranch dressing
- grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In first bowl, whisk flour, salt, and pepper.
- In second bowl, whisk eggs.
- In third bowl, mix panko crumbs and bread crumbs.
- Dip chicken in flour. Dip into whisked eggs. Then, coat chicken with bread crumb mixture. Place on baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining chicken strips. Once finished, drizzle chicken with melted butter. Bake 8-10 minutes, then turn chicken over and bake another 8-10 minutes.
- While chicken is baking, make sauce. In saucepan, combine honey, brown sugar, garlic, ketchup, chipotles, cider vinegar, water, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, make a slurry by mixing the tablespoon of water with cornstarch. Add to sauce. Whisk til thickened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Once chicken is done baking, coat with sauce.
- Heat tortilla in a skillet. Top with a sprinkling of cheese. Let melt. Put tortilla on plate.
- Top with chicken.
- Drizzle ranch dressing on top of chicken.
- Top with lettuce. Serve.
January 23, 20061 found this helpful
I hate cooking on Monday nights, so I through together this dish because it is easy and fast...Read More...
July 27, 20091 found this helpful
Quick and easy and chipotle is another of my favorite flavors :-) This recipe serves 2. In a large, deep skillet fry the bacon over medium-high heat until evenly brown.Read More...
I call these "tacos" but they are put together more like fajitas. The chicken is also delicious cooked fajita style if you don't want to grill them.Read More...
In crock pot, put 1-2 boneless skinless chicken breast. Add 1 cup of your favorite salsa. Let cook on high for 4-5 hours.
Before using, shred chicken in crock pot. You now have the meat for your chicken tacos.Read More...
Ask a QuestionHere are the questions asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.
October 28, 20070 found this helpful
I'm looking for a recipe for Grilled Chicken Tacos with Lime
Debi from San Diego, CA
Answer this Question...
By debi (Guest Post)
October 29, 20070 found this helpful
Thank you! Exactly what I was looking for.