Creamy Taco Chicken in a Crock-Pot

This makes the most delicious creamy chicken for any of your favorite Mexican dishes. It is so easy to make and is filling!

• 1/2 block full fat cream cheese
  • 1 cup Mexican shredded cheese
  • 2 cups salsa
  • 1 cup full fat sour cream
  • 3 lb. bag chicken breast (roughly 8)

Directions:

1. Place chicken in crock-pot.
  2. Pour 2 cups salsa over chicken.
  3. Spoon 1 cup sour cream over the salsa.
  4. Sprinkle 1 cup Mexican cheese over the sour cream.
  5. On top of the Mexican cheese, add diced 1/2 block of cream cheese over everything.
  6. Cover and cook for 3-4 hours on High or 6-8 hours on Low setting.
  7. Shred chicken with two forks and enjoy! (optional)

Servings: 8
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 3 Hours

By Teri M from Omaha, NE

Hi - this sounds good. I only wonder if you are using bone-in or boneless chicken breasts? Or does it matter?

I usually only use boneless but not easy to find a "bag" but of course I can find 6 - 8 in package.

You also do not mention about skinless? Yes or no?

Thanks

Anonymous

I'm not the original poster of this recipe, but I think I know the answer to the questions. In some areas, boneless/skinless chicken breasts can commonly be found in the freezer section in 3 pound bags. I think this is what the poster is using. The same weight of boneless/skinless breasts bought in a tray could certainly work. Look around for the bags of frozen breasts to see if they are available in your area... they are handy because one can take out only as much as needed at a time, since they are IQF (individually quick frozen) so they are separate and not all lumped up together as happens when one freezes a tray of breasts. In my area, they (and the boneless/skinless breast tenders) often go on sale at a cheaper price than the packaged breasts in the fresh meat counter.

As for this recipe, it sounds delicious! I do something similar to make Mexican style crockpot chicken, but I do not use cheese because my daughter doesn't enjoy melted cheese with her meat. I use Rotel diced tomatoes with green chiles instead of salsa, a can of cream of chicken soup, and a sprinkling of taco seasoning.

I'm not the original poster of this recipe, but I think I know the answer to the questions. In some areas, boneless/skinless chicken breasts can commonly be found in the freezer section in 3 pound bags. I think this is what the poster is using. The same weight of boneless/skinless breasts bought in a tray could certainly work. Look around for the bags of frozen breasts to see if they are available in your area... they are handy because one can take out only as much as needed at a time, since they are IQF (individually quick frozen) so they are separate and not all lumped up together as happens when one freezes a tray of breasts.

In my area, they (and the boneless/skinless breast tenders) often go on sale at a cheaper price than the packaged breasts in the fresh meat counter.

Sounds really good. I just got a crock pot and don't know what to make in it - will try this!

Food and Recipes Recipes International Mexican TacosSeptember 26, 2012
📓
🌻
🐛