Making Creamed Tuna on Toast

Category Cheap Meals
This is a guide about making creamed tuna on toast. Save food dollars with your basic white sauce, a can of tuna and toast. It makes a quick, inexpensive meal.

I raised 4 children with this old standby recipe and I have never met anyone who didn't like it! First you make a basic white sauce. If you don't know how to do this it's pretty easy:

Add:

Directions:

Stir butter and flour together in a frying pan over medium heat until it starts to sizzle.

Add milk and water. Heat stirring occasionally until thickened. Then stir in tuna and salt and pepper to taste. Serve over toast.

Good side dishes are home fries, green beans, whatever veggies you like. This recipe can be stretched as needed by making more white sauce and you can add more tuna if you like but it is not necessary.

By Kathy D.

You can get all of the ingredients at the dollar store, it whips up fast, and it's a comfort food!

Directions:

Empty 3 cans of soup into pan and whisk in 1 can of milk. Add 3 cans of tuna drained and stir till simmering

Toast the bread and tear it into bite sized pieces onto the plate about 2 or 3 slices per serving. Pour tuna mixture over toast and enjoy!

Some good toppings are bacon bits, shredded cheese, or Parmesan cheese.

Servings: 3-4
Time:5 Minutes Preparation Time
10 Minutes Cooking Time

By Margaret from Aptos, CA

My first recipe, at least for dinner, was fixing Creamed Tuna on Toast for my little sisters. You take 2 Tbsp. butter, melt it in a skillet then add 2 Tbsp. flour. When it is all mixed into a paste, add milk, a little at a time and stir.

When it is a sauce, add one can of tuna (drained) and one can of peas (drained.) Serve it on toast. We had this most times when my mom couldn't be home to cook dinner until I learned to cook other things.

Susan from ThriftyFun