Making Dinner Rolls from Dry Restaurant Mix?

Category Conversions

I recently purchased a ten pound dinner roll mix. from a local freight retailer. The use by date has not expired. My problem is I don't know how to use the mix. What do I use to prepare the rolls, yeast, water, eggs? I called resturant and local extension to no avail. Any ex-restaurant cooks know what I should do other than throw the mix away. The mix is used by the Gandy franchise.

By Sharon from Kansas City, MO

Do you have the ingredients on the package your purchased (meaning what is in the mix)?

If so, my suggestion is to play detective and go to the grocery store and look at similar roll mixes boxes....say Krusteaz or Bob's Red Mill...to find one that is the most similar to your incredents.

Then measure out enough of YOUR mix, and follow their steps...

So say Krueteaz is the closest with ingredients and the box says (AND THIS IS TOTALLY MADE UP SO FOLLOW THEIR ACTUAL BOX NOT MY EXAMPLE) take 1 16 ounce box, 1 egg, 1 cup of water and mix, bake for an hour.

You can then weigh out on a scale 1 pound of your mix (16 ounces), take 1 egg, one cup of water, mix and bake for an hour.

You may need to tweak the recipe to taste, but it will get you started! It would be a super big shame to waste your mix!

Even if you DON'T have ingredients, you may want to just try to follow another brand's directions with 1 pound...it is better than tossing 10!

Good luck! Hope this helps!! Wish I could enjoy some dinner rolls...I love them hot with butter and honey!! BIG YUM!!!

Any mixes I have used have you add oil, milk or other liquid and eggs.

Food and Recipes Food Tips ConversionsDecember 20, 2014
🌻
📓
😷
😎
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Making-Dinner-Rolls-from-Dry-Restaurant-Mix.html

ConversionsFood Tips