Making Egg Carton Magic Mushrooms
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
January 12, 2019
These magic mushrooms make cute decorations. All you need is a paper-based egg carton, paint, and glue. This is a great all-ages craft.
Total Time: 1 hour plus dry time
- 1 egg carton
- red and white paint
- hot glue gun with glue
- Cut out the little cups from your egg carton.
- I like to cut out the little separator bits to use as smaller mushrooms.
- Press in some of the harder edges of the cups to shape into mushroom caps.
- Paint all the caps red. Let dry.
- Add white spots. Let dry.
- To make the mushroom stems, cut long strips out of the rest of the carton.
- Tightly roll up a strip. Cut it when you have the desired thickness for the stem.
- Add some hot glue to the end so it does not unravel.
- Add some hot glue to the top of one stem end so you can attach it the cap.
- Insert into a mushroom cap and hold it into place for 10 seconds.
- Repeat with the rest.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.