Making Heart Shaped Pizzas
Prepare a fun Valentine's Day meal to express your love. This guide is about making heart shaped pizza
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a great way to share your love on Valentine's Day or any other day. These are cooked Ellio's frozen pizzas that I cut out with a heart shaped cookie cutter after they cooled a bit. They were gone in no time and best part is Mom gets to eat the piece's that are left over after cutting them! Thank you for looking.
By CinnamonRoseCottage from York County, PA
Making heart shaped foods for Valentine's day is so much fun. This heart pizzas are made cuter with their tiny heart pepperoni!
Total Time: 1.5 hours
Yield: 12 heart pizzas
- Pizza Dough:
- 3 1/2-4 cup flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 envelope quick acting yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup water (110 degrees F)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp olive oil (set aside)
- Heart Pizzas:
- pkg. turkey pepperoni slices
- 8 oz mozzerella cheese, shredded
- pizza sauce
- For dough:
Combine flour, sugar, yeast, and salt in a large bowl.
- Heat water to 110 degrees F. Using a mixer, begin mixing the dry ingredients and slowly add the water.
- Add olive oil and continue mixing until dough forms a ball. If dough is too sticky, add flour 1 Tbsp. at a time. If it becomes too dry, add 1 Tbsp. of water.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead until dough forms a firm ball. Flour hands and surface as necessary.
- Put 2 tsp. of olive oil into the large bowl and add dough ball. Cover with plastic wrap. Place the bowl in a warm area and allow it to double in size; approx. 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F. If you are using a baking stone, place it in the oven to preheat.
- Punch dough down, divide dough in half, and form into two balls. Wrap dough in plastic wrap. Allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
- Using a tiny heart cutter, cut out hearts (I was able to get 3 from each piece). To eliminate waste, you can chopped up the pepperoni scraps and sprinkle those on the pizzas before you add the cheese.
- Once dough has rested, place dough ball on floured surface and roll it out with a rolling pin. Sprinkle with flour as necessary.
- Heart pizzas:
Using a large heart cookie cutter, cut out hearts. Once you have cut out all that you can, reform a ball and roll out again. Continue until you have cut out as many hearts as possible.
- Place dough hearts on baking stone, reform dough if necessary.
- Top with sauce, cheese, and pepperoni hearts.
- Bake at 500 degrees F for 10-12 minutes, or until bottom of crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly.
Based on Bobby Flay's pizza dough recipe.
March 5, 20130 found this helpful
Making heart shaped foods for Valentine's day is so much fun. This heart pizzas are made cuter with their tiny heart pepperoni! View the full recipe here: Valentine's Day Pizzas