Making Lasagne Noodles Ahead of Time

Category Helpful Hints
A pot of lasagne noodles, cooked and drained.
Sometimes it is more convenient to prepare portions of a meal in advance, but save the assembly until the day you are going to complete and serve it. This is a guide about making lasagne noodles ahead of time.

Lasagne is delicious, but takes time to make. I cook my filling and noodles the day before and assemble and cook the lasagne the day I serve it. Here is how I store the noodles:

1. Cook noodles about a minute less than the package directions. Drain. I have an insert in my 8-quart pot that makes it easy.
  2. Ad
  3. When noodles are drained, place one noodle at the short edge of a piece of waxed paper. I save the cereal box liners and they work very well.
  4. Roll the waxed paper to cover the noodle. Place the next noodle on top. Continue this process until you reach the other end. Use as many sheets of waxed paper as needed.
  5. Ad
  6. Store all the waxed paper packages in a plastic bag in the refrigerator until you are ready to assemble the lasagne.
  7. Ad

Anonymous

I just use the noodles you dont have to cook works great

Thanks for sharing your tip. I'm sure a lot of people use precooked noodles for lasagne. Personally, I don't precook my noodles. When I was a young adult, my cookbook had a recipe for lasagna using uncooked noodles. It works great and I have never tried anything different. I think it works because I heat the sauce instead of using it cold, to start softening the noodles.

I just layer the warm sauce, noodles and cheeses until I get to the top, finishing with a layer of sauce. The covered noodles cook during baking and everything turns out great. I have done this in my crockpot as well.

I have tried the no-boil noodles and my family noticed the difference. I have used the regular uncooked noodles to make crockpot lasagne and that was a success.