Making Lasagne Noodles Ahead of Time

Category Helpful Hints
Sometimes it is more convenient to prepare portions of a meal in advance, but save the assembly until the day you are going to complete and serve it. This is a page about making lasagne noodles ahead of time.

Lasagne is delicious, but takes time to make. I cook my filling and noodles the day before and assemble and cook the lasagne the day I serve it. Here is how I store the noodles:

1. Cook noodles about a minute less than the package directions. Drain. I have an insert in my 8-quart pot that makes it easy.
  2. When noodles are drained, place one noodle at the short edge of a piece of waxed paper. I save the cereal box liners and they work very well.
  3. Advertisement

4. Roll the waxed paper to cover the noodle. Place the next noodle on top. Continue this process until you reach the other end. Use as many sheets of waxed paper as needed.
  5. Store all the waxed paper packages in a plastic bag in the refrigerator until you are ready to assemble the lasagne.
Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsJanuary 4, 2017
🌻
🐛
😷
😎
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Making-Lasagne-Noodles-Ahead-of-Time-1.html