Making Pistachio Hummus
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
April 8, 2018
I've come up with a few hummus recipes where I replace the tahini with something else due to allergies or high cost, but this one is by far my favourite now. This hummus uses pistachios to replace the sesame paste and gives it an amazing flavour. I've also added green peas for colour, texture, and dimension. I urge you to try this recipe!
Some additions I've used and loved with this recipe: 1/2 a teaspoon of ground cumin, 1/2 a teaspoon of smoked paprika, 1/4 of a bunch of chopped cilantro.
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 can sweet peas, drained
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios, chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup water, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios, chopped
- In a food processor or blender, add 1/2 cup pistachios, olive oil and half of the water. Puree until it turns into a paste.
- Add chickpeas, peas, garlic cloves, and the rest of the water.
- Squeeze in lemon juice, about 2 tablespoons worth. Process until creamy. Add more water if it's too thick.
- Stir in salt and pepper to taste, then garnish with chopped pistachios.
- Serve with veggies or pita bread.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.