Making Pot Roast in an Instant Pot
An instant pot is a wonderful addition to the kitchen to save you cooking time creating hearty meals. Make a tender pot roast in record time.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This recipe uses an Instant Pot to make a savory and tender pot roast in under 2 hours. This is a basic, simple recipe and the results are the same as slow cooking it in a crockpot all day.
Prep Time: 15
Cook Time: 1 hour - 1 hour 1/2
Total Time: 1 hour 45 Minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 2.5 - 3lb roast (I used a tri-tip roast)
- 3-7 celery sticks
- 5 gold potatos
- 7 carrots
- 1 large onion
- 4 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- beef or chicken stock
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- Sprinkle garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper on top each side of the roast. Massage the seasonings into the roast.
- Heat a pan on medium-high. Add a tablespoon of oil.
- Once the pan is hot, sear the roast on each side for about 2-3 minutes or until browned.
- Place the roast into the Instant Pot. Deglaze the pan with some beef or chicken stock, scraping the bottom of the pan with a wooden spatula and pour into the Instapot.
- Cut an onion into big chunks and add to the pot.
- Pour in about 1-2 cups of stock and 4 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce. Do more broth if you like to have broth and less if do not.
- Cook on high pressure for 45 minutes, then do a quick pressure release.
- While the meat is cooking, wash, peel and cut the carrots, celery and potatoes into large chunks.
- After the meat has cooked release the pressure add the veggies and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes. Let it natural release for about 15 minutes, then release the pressure all the way.
- Take out the meat cut and serve.
October 10, 20190 found this helpful
That looks delicious!!