Making Pot Roast in an Instant Pot
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
May 23, 2020
Read More Comments
Somedays I just don't want to spend hours hovering over the oven. This pot roast made inside of the Instant Pot is easy and tastes like effort! You can use almost any cut of meat and it will turn out brilliantly. Give it a try!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 3 lb roast
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 3 cups beef stock
- 2 cups chopped potatoes
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 4 cloves peeled garlic, smashed
- Sprinkle the outside of the roast with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powders. Heat a couple tablespoons of oil in the Instant Pot on saute mode and place roast inside.
- Sear all sides of the roast until browned.
- Remove roast from Instant Pot. Add half 1/4 of the stock to the pot and use a wooden spoon to scrape the bottom. Turn the instant pot off and put the roast back inside.
- Pour the rest of the stock over the roast. Place the lid on the pot and seal. Set to pressure cook on high for 45 minutes, then do a quick release.
- Add the carrots, potatoes, and garlic to the pot and push them down with a spoon into the liquid. Put the lid back on the pot and set to manual for 7 more minutes. When finished, do a natural pressure release and remove the roast, carrots, and potatoes with a slotted spoon. If you'd like to turn the broth into gravy, place pot on saute mode. Mix together 2 tablespoons of cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water, then stir into the pot until it's thickened.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 254 Posts
October 8, 2019
This recipe uses an Instant Pot to make a savory and tender pot roast in under 2 hours. This is a basic, simple recipe and the results are the same as slow cooking it in a crockpot all day.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.