Making Rice in a Microwave

When we got our first microwave, we were without a stove so I learned to cook in the microwave. For any type of pasta or rice:

1. Put in a microwave safe bowl.

2. Add twice as much water or other liquid as there is of the pasta.

3. Microwave on high.
    • 15 minutes for noodles or small pasta.
      • 20-25 minutes for macaroni or thicker pasta.
        • 30 minutes for rice.

• IMPORTANT, stir well after the first 5 minutes. This keeps the pasta from clumping together. Rice doesn't need to be stirred.

• Drain and use.

Since microwaves vary in their cooking, check 5 minutes before time. You can use stock, tomatoes in juice, et cetera for liquid.

When cooking rice, cover and let set for 5-7 minutes and it will soak up the liquid and will be nice and fluffy.

Source: Experience

2 More Solutions

I don't have the patience to cook individual servings of grits, oatmeal, and rice, so I prefer to put the dish in the microwave and return when the dish is ready to eat.

I wanted to share my method of cooking perfect rice. I cook it in my microwave! Measure your rice as if you were going to cook it on the range, but make your container a microwave suitable container. Use 1 part rice to 2 parts water.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Microwave CookingDecember 30, 2012
🐛
🌻
👒
👔
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Making-Rice-in-a-Microwave.html