Perfect Rice in the Microwave

I always enjoy getting TheCouponClipper. Thanks for all of your handy ideas and tricks to make life easier for the busy woman.

I wanted to share my method of cooking perfect rice. I cook it in my microwave! Measure your rice as if you were going to cook it on the range, but make your container a microwave suitable container. Use 1 part rice to 2 parts water. I usually cook 1 cup of rice, so that means I will need 2 cups of water.

(2c rice/4c water, etc.)

I add salt, put it in the microwave and cook on full power for 17 to 20 minutes. You will have to get this down to a science with your own microwave. Mine takes about 18 minutes. The trick is, after it has cooked, it will be very compact. Take a fork and fluff it so that your rice will not be packed down. Eat and enjoy!

By Linda

By Natalie Roth (Guest Post)

how many watts is your oven? 750 or 1200? That will make a big difference in the cookihng time and power used.