Making Temporary Shelving

Category Storage
To keep your belongings organized sometimes you need more portable storage. This is a guide about making temporary shelving.

I recently began selling things on my local auction sites. It's fun and gets rid of the clutter. So I had these shelf units in my store room. I wanted one to go up just a bit so I used two decorated boxes as support.

One was a bit shorter when it was turned on its side, so I supported it with an old VHS movie. There was the stuff before the shelf. Then, the boxes, and filling them and then filled.

Then I had room for some heavy things in between the boxes and lighter on top. Every inch counts when you are trying to put too much in a room that is too little. But this helped. N-JOY!!

On a trip to my local Sears store to buy a wrench, I passed through the men's clothing department. They had set up a display table for shirts using c-clamps.

It was quite ingenious, at least I thought so. This might work for temporary shelving in your home, light weight items are probably best.

Is there such a thing as removable or temporary shelves? I live in a apt that has only 2 shelves per small closet. I heard you can make temporary shelves out of cinder blocks, I have not idea how to do this.

Do you have any suggestions?

Answers

Best Answer

There are many different shapes and sizes of cinder blocks. I have some shelving made of blocks about 10 inches square, and pre-finished boards. It took zero skill and tools to set up, was large, held lots of books, and left no marks on the walls.