Recycled Cardboard Shelving Unit
My shelves are not being utilized to their full capacity so I thought it would be neat to up-cycle shoe boxes into a shelving unit. This is literally a free project you can make too!
Total Time: 20-25 minutes
- shoe box
- X-acto knife
- hot glue
- Optional decorating tape or paper
- Using an X-acto knife carefully cut the lid of the shoe box off.
- Measure the center of your shoe box and make a mark with a pen. Then, cut a small slit where you just marked.
- Measure 1 inch on each side of the slit you just made and make a mark.
- Using the slit you just made as a guide against your ruler, make a line in the inside of the box. Create a triangle by connecting all the marks.
- Carefully use scissors and cut out the triangle. Repeat this process on the other side of the box (lengthwise)
- Use your scissors to crease a little to make it easier to fold the box (to create the shelf)
- Fold box together, secure center with hot glue.
- Optional: Use scrapbook paper or decorative tape to decorate your cardboard shelf.
- Before my shelf was not being utilized well, now with the shelving unit - I'll be able to fit more things and be organized.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!