OtherRecycled Crafts

Recycled Cardboard Shelving Unit

My shelves are not being utilized to their full capacity so I thought it would be neat to up-cycle shoe boxes into a shelving unit. This is literally a free project you can make too!

Total Time: 20-25 minutes

1. Using an X-acto knife carefully cut the lid of the shoe box off.
  2. Measure the center of your shoe box and make a mark with a pen. Then, cut a small slit where you just marked.
  3. Measure 1 inch on each side of the slit you just made and make a mark.
  4. Using the slit you just made as a guide against your ruler, make a line in the inside of the box. Create a triangle by connecting all the marks.
  5. Carefully use scissors and cut out the triangle. Repeat this process on the other side of the box (lengthwise)
  6. Use your scissors to crease a little to make it easier to fold the box (to create the shelf)
  7. Fold box together, secure center with hot glue.
  8. Optional: Use scrapbook paper or decorative tape to decorate your cardboard shelf.
  9. Before my shelf was not being utilized well, now with the shelving unit - I'll be able to fit more things and be organized.