Making Your Shift Knob Fit
I recently bought a used Toyota Tacoma. I wanted to use this small skeleton head for the shifter, but it didn't fit. Hmm I will just have to make it fit because local stores do not sell the inserts of the shift knobs.
Total Time: Hour
- 1 Shift knob - you can use anything you want really.... Example billiards , golf ball, tennis ball, handles, ornaments.
- 1 Mini flashlight- preferably one that's not working and is slightly larger than the base of the shifter.
- 1 Glue- strong glue. I used JB Weld.
- Cut the flashlight to your preference. The shifter will be mounted on the flashlights stem. So focus on what height will be comfortable for you. Cut where you have enough to insert the flashlight into base of shifter knob.
- Glue the shifter onto the flashlight.
- When its dry your ready to apply it to your car. Remove current shifter. Put yours on and to secure it so its not all moving around I jammed some electrical tape to make it. Snug.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.