Making a Book Page Bookmark
Discarded books can find a new life when used to make a variety of craft projects. This is a guide about making a book page bookmark
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I can't think of a more fitting way to use the pages of an old discarded book than to make bookmarks out of them. This is just one of many ways you can do this.
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 page from an old book
- paper glue
- 1 pair of scissors
- 1 hole punch
- 1 gift tag or luggage label
- 1 pretty ink stamp
- 1 short length of cord or ribbon
- Cut the string off the tag and apply glue to one side.
- Stick the tag to the book page.
- Check that the other side is how you want it to look.
- Trim off the excess with scissors.
- Punch a larger hole than the one already there.
- Check that the edges are firmly stuck down and add extra glue if needed.
- Practise your stamp on a scrap of book paper to see how it looks.
- Don't worry if you mess up with the real thing. You can make a feature of it by stamping a few times.
- Attach the cord or ribbon by looping it through the hole.
- This bookmark makes a great addition if you are gifting a book to someone.
In These Guides