Making a Crochet Barbie Hat and Scarf
Some crafters find making clothing for dolls a fun and sometimes challenging endeavor. This is a guide about making a crochet Barbie hat and scarf
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
It's getting colder folks, even Barbie deserves to be warm. My girls love new Barbie clothes, but they can be ridiculously expensive! If I spend $6 on a piece of clothing, it's going to be for my girls, not their dolls. :)
My solution was to make them myself. They're super fun and quick; and practically free. Have fun delighting the sweet little girl in your life.
Total Time: About 20 minutes
Yield: As many as you like
- "h" crochet hook
- scraps of worsted weight yarn. I used Red Heart.
- embroidery needle for weaving in ends.
- Chain 5, join in your first chain with a slip stitch to make ring.
- Chain 1, 12 single crochet in ring, join to first single crochet with slip stitch.
- Chain 1, sc in same space, *2 sc in next stitch, 1 sc in next stitch.* Repeat directions between * * around. Join to first sc with a slip stitch.
- Chain 1, sc in same space and each stitch around. Join with slip stitch to first sc.
- Repeat last row 2 more times.
- Chain 1, sc in same space. *Sc decrease in the next stitch, sc in the next stitch.* Repeat steps between * * around. Join with slip stitch to first sc. Fasten off and weave in ends!
- Curly Scarf....
- Chain 36.
- 2 sc in 2nd chain from hook and each across. Fasten off and weave in ends. Due to the curly nature of the scarf, when you cross it over on Barbie's neck, it stays in place pretty well! Enjoy. :)
March 27, 20150 found this helpful