Making a Hanging Wood Accent Laundry Sign

Category Other
Need a reminder about when to run your laundry? Make this simple accent sign for your laundry room and customize it to fit your needs.

Our electric plan recommends using electricity before 4pm or after 9pm. From 4pm to 9pm, it is considered peak time and will cost more money. To conserve and as a reminder, I wanted a sign to place on/in our laundry room door.

After thinking it through, I decided to create a custom sign online (via link below, actually a great free wedding site, but I edited the text to work for my sign). Then, I saved the picture and was able to print this 8x10 sign at CVS for free with a promotional code, a $3.99 savings value!

My sign reads:

Laundry Time

Before 4PM -OR- After 9PM

Wash - Dry - Fold - Repeat

What's great is that occasionally CVS and Walgreens offer free 8x10 print promotions where you upload your photo and pick up at your nearest location. The next upcoming free 8x10 print will be from Walgreens around Father's Day. If you're a Walgreens member, you'll get the coupon code sent to your e-mail. It is the perfect time to plan what wall art you want printed in your home for less, or you can print a free photo!

Then, for my wood accent - I used these left over paint rulers I have from Home Depot. These are complimentary paint rulers used for stirring paint and after painting our home, I had a couple left over.

Essentially this sign was made for free with items I was able to find around my home. You can recreate this sign as home decor (not necessary laundry, but you can do any sign ex: welcome sign, bathroom sign, birthday, anniversary, etc.).

Total Time: 30 minutes

Link: https://www.printablemarket.com/shop/editable-wedding-sign-template-elegant-black-and-white-wedding-instant-download-printable/

• 2 wood paint sticks
  • twine
  • acrylic paint
  • cotton balls
  • painter's tape
  • scissors
  • hot glue gun
  • sign/print out

1. Optional: First secure wooden stick into place with painter's tape. Then, paint wooden stick to cover existing text and allow to dry.
  2. For texture, I dabbed a combination of acrylic paint colors together and used a cotton ball. (The colors I used are Desert Turquoise, Sea Breeze, and Peacock Teal.) Allow paint to dry.
  3. Lay unpainted wooden stick down. Then position your sign in place and tape two corners of the sign to the stick.
  4. Apply some hot glue to secure both sticks together.
  5. Flip your sign over. Dab hot glue and position twine straight.
  6. Wrap twine around the stick until you feel it's enough or to your desired liking. Apply generous amount of hot glue on the back to keep twine in place.
  7. Repeat the same step for the other side. Dab hot glue and wrap twine around and apply generous amount of hot glue to secure in place (or you can secure a knot then hot glue). Now your sign is ready to be hung!

My mum's got the same rules in her home with a much less cute sign ;) Lovely.

Crafts Recycled Crafts OtherJuly 25, 2019
😎
📓
🐛
🌻