Making a Homemade Stylus Pen
This touch screen tool to help preserve your screen can be easily made for free from things you have on hand. Just use an old recycled pen as a base.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Stylus pens are a coveted item for people who have touchscreen devices. They help preserve the screen and help people who have large fingers be able to have more accuracy when texting and selecting things on the small screen. The stylus pen is not expensive, but if you didn't have any money to spare, you could make one.
What you will need can be found around your home.
- 1 Bic pen (preferably)
- 1 Q-Tip
- aluminum foil
- clear Scotch tape
- a conductive piece of rubber
- Take the ink out of the pen barrel.
- Cut a piece of aluminum foil big enough to cover the entire barrel of the pen.
- Cut the Q-tip in half place it in the barrel of the pen cotton side out.
- Wrap the barrel in the aluminum foil.
- Tape it so that it can't slide off or tear.
- Place the conductive rubber tip over writing end secure it with tape.
- When you have done all off the above, grab your pen like you would any other and begin using it on your device.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.