Making a Pet Food Dish Stand or Holder

Getting your pet's feeding dishes off the floor can make it more comfortable for them to eat their meal. This is a guide about making a pet food dish stand or holder.

I got tired of stepping on cat food and water. This idea came to me when the bag I had this old bread keeper in fell apart.

I found two plastic bowls and measured them. I found a can that was very close, and used it for a template. Then, I cut a bit bigger, measuring the bowls each time.

Once they were cut, I filled the bread bowl with marbles for weight, filled the water and food bowls and set it all up on a towel to not only sop up any tiny spills, but to make it non skid.

I am very pleased with the way it all turned out.
Hope this might inspire others!!
PBP

I love this idea, and it looks great! Your cat is pretty, too.

I love this idea

Anonymous

This is a very smart idea

Love your solution! Not only do I hate stepping on food and water, I HATE it when I kick the bowl and water is everywhere.

I purchased the Neater Feeder and have found it's perfect! If you kick the bowls, it has a little drain system so it goes to the bottom. Also, it's shaped so that there's a little backsplash toward the back sides, and at the back it's higher. Could be done with your project, also.