Making a Sand Terrarium or Fairy Garden for Kids
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts
Here is a super fun sand terrarium/fairy garden you can make with your kids.
The supplies needed could be found around your house:
- colored sand (if you don't have any you could make homemade colored sand with salt)
- Bowl or jar. The bowl we used is actually their old baby bowl (repurposing that was going to get tossed out).
- butterfly (if you don't have any you can make paper ones and attach to craft wire or use any decorations you may have at home.
- plastic dinosaurs
- any other decoration pieces your child(ren) wants
- Fill bowl or jar with sand.
- Allow your child to decorate their sand terrarium/fairy garden with anything they want. My kids added shells, rocks, plastic dinosaurs, and beads.
- I was trimming some succulent/plants and those trimmings would go into the green bin, but they added it to their terrarium. The cuttings will not survive, but will last a good amount of time. You could add fake plants or flowers too if you have that. For the butterflies you can wrap around a rock or just lean it against the side of the bowl.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.