Making a Watermelon Shark Fruit Bowl
July 8, 2014
Read More Comments
Fruit bowl for summer fun with the kids and adults alike.
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 6 to 8
Source: saw it at another party!
- one whole watermelon
- whatever fruit YOU like
- Wash your entire watermelon, then cut one slice out of the bottom to stabilize the watermelon so it can stand up on an angle
- Carve out a wedge (the open mouth) from a side of the watermelon and use an apple peeler to remove the thin green skin along the carved wedge section.
- Cut a zig-zag design in the skinned, carved opening with a small paring knife for teeth.
- Scoop out the watermelon 'inners' and save for the fruit salad.
- Stick two toothpicks through the center of two blueberries and insert them on to the shark. You can even use left over watermelon rind to make a top dorsal and two side fins
- This is a view from the back.
- Mix watermelon fruit with your favorite fruit and place it back in the shark's mouth. Add a few gummy fish to the mix, just for fun!
This shark watermelon is a cute way to serve fruit at your next party. Check out this video and learn how to make one.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.