Making a Temporary Cat Crate

This temporary cat crate is made from two milk crates. Until you can order or build a more substantial one, this quick fix allows you to take your kitty outside with you in the yard to enjoy the sun and do some bird watching.

I ordered my new cat a stroller. But it's low cost which also means a long wait. So I made something to allow him to get outside while we wait. He took to it in about 20 seconds, as soon as he saw he could watch the squirrels!

Total Time: 30 minutes

Yield: 1

• 2 identical milk crates
  • crochet hook size H
  • Dollar Tree twine
  • scissors

1. Clean the crates and make sure they are identical, or at least that the holes line up.
  2. Advertisement

3. I chained 40 then slip stitched back on it for extra strength. I made 4 of these.
  4. When you have enough done, basically make a "hinge" using them to tie the crates together.
  5. Once your little one is in, use the fourth chain to "lock them in". I put some of his familiar blanket in so he would not only smell that things are right, but to pad the bumpy insides. I take him out every day now to have coffee with me! N-JOY!!
  6. Advertisement

What a cute idea for kitty to enjoy the outdoors !

This is a great idea!
So simple and when no longer needed (If?) still a useful item.
Betty

He is adorable. He looks very wise. I wish you many wonderful years together.

Oh thanks. When it's evening I set it up length wise and throw his blanket on top. He loves to sit and look outside.

Pets Cats AdviceFebruary 20, 2020
🌻
🐰
🍀

Generated 2020-02-23 19:59:59 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️