Making a Valentine's Day Picture Frame
Paint a photo frame red and then decorate it with recycled CD hearts. Follow the link in the project for instructions. It makes a fun gift. Everything you need to know can be found on this site.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a really cute idea to make a picture frame for Valentine's Day. I have a tutorial that I wrote telling you how to create and make the hearts you will use to decorate your picture frame. To see that tutorial click here: Recycled CD Mirrored Hearts. Add your favorite picture to your frame and give the gift of love on Valentine's Day.
Total Time: 3 to 4 hours
Yield: 1 picture frame
- 1 wooden picture frame
- 1 photo
- red acrylic paint
- glitter gel
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- mirrored hearts
- Remove the glass and backing from the picture frame.
- Paint the frame with your red acrylic paint. Allow the paint to dry completely. You can speed up the drying process with a hairdryer.
- Apply a coat of glitter gel to the picture frame. Allow the glitter gel to dry completely.
- Add a coat of varnish to the picture frame and allow the varnish to dry.
- Now arrange your hearts around the outside of the frame. You can do this any way you wish. If you do not want to use the mirrored hearts as I have done it is possible to add any other heart decoration to the outside of the frame.
- Take your hot glue gun and glue the hearts in place.
- Add your photo to the frame and put the back on. Your frame is now complete and ready to display in your home or give as a gift.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.