Valentine's Day Picture Frame
This is a really cute idea to make a picture frame for Valentine's Day. I have a tutorial that I wrote telling you how to create and make the hearts you will use to decorate your picture frame. To see that tutorial click here: Recycled CD Mirrored Hearts
. Add your favorite picture to your frame and give the gift of love on Valentine's Day.
Total Time: 3 to 4 hours
Yield: 1 picture frame
- 1 wooden picture frame
- 1 photo
- red acrylic paint
- glitter gel
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- mirrored hearts
- Remove the glass and backing from the picture frame.
- Paint the frame with your red acrylic paint. Allow the paint to dry completely. You can speed up the drying process with a hairdryer.
- Apply a coat of glitter gel to the picture frame. Allow the glitter gel to dry completely.
- Add a coat of varnish to the picture frame and allow the varnish to dry.
- Now arrange your hearts around the outside of the frame. You can do this any way you wish. If you do not want to use the mirrored hearts as I have done it is possible to add any other heart decoration to the outside of the frame.
- Take your hot glue gun and glue the hearts in place.
- Add your photo to the frame and put the back on. Your frame is now complete and ready to display in your home or give as a gift.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!