Marie Callender's Frozen Pie Crusts Instructions

I lost the baking instructions for my Marie Callender's frozen pie crusts. How long do I cook them and at what temperature?

Marjorie Diane Gulum from Oviedo, FL

Answers:

• http://www.mariepies.com/tips.htm#Pie%20Crusts (12/13/2006)

By Debbie

• Advertisement

This is 12 years later and Im searching for the directions on baking Marie Callenders pie shells too. Directions on back of label rip when you remove to read. This is ridiculous!!! No where on line can I find answers to making a double crust turkey pie using 2 deep dish pastry pie shells. This may be a waste of my money since I have no choice but to guess!! I will never buy this product again!!

Top Comment

smartlabel.labelinsight.com/.../instructions

Cooking Instructions
    Baking directions - conventional oven - do not prepare in toaster oven.

Pre baked shells to be baked and filled (for pies like meringue, cream or pudding) 1. Preheat oven to 400°F. 2. Thaw pie shell 10 minutes at room temperature; prick bottom and sides thoroughly with fork. 3. Bake pie shell on baking sheet in center of oven 12 to 15 minutes. Handle carefully; it's hot! 4. Let cool before filling. Please note our rich and flaky pastry crust may shrink slightly during baking.

Double shell pies (for fruit or meat pies) - 1. Preheat oven according to recipe. 2. Invert one shell from pan onto wax paper; thaw until pliable, about 20 minutes. Place second shell on baking sheet; pour filling. 3. Place thawed shell on top of pie; seal by crimping edge between thumb and forefinger (remove excess dough if desired). Gently pierce 3 to 4 times with a fork to vent. 4. Bake pie on baking sheet in center of oven according to your recipe. Check that pie shells are cooked thoroughly to 165°F. Crust will be light golden brown.

Single shell pies to be filled and baked (for pies like pumpkin and pecan or quiche) 1. Preheat oven according to your recipe. 2. Pour your filling into frozen pie shell. 3. Bake pie on baking sheet in center of oven according to your recipe.

I know it says to remove label for instructions but ripped off the most important area, *"!?;'" sucks

Top Comment

Preheat oven to 400°F. 2. Thaw pie shell 10 minutes at room temperature; prick bottom and sides thoroughly with fork. 3. Bake pie shell on baking sheet in center of oven 12 to 15 minutes.

i did the same thing ,

I had this same problem. The directions tore off.

Hello susko...this is an old post you added this to so you may not get as many answers as would be helpful to you. These crusts are too pricey for my tastes, so I have not used them, so I can't give you instructions, however, I can tell you that if you contact the company, they can give you the instructions AND since you are upset with the packaging, they you have every right to ask for your money back!

Here is the link to their contact:

www.conagrabrands.com/contact-us

PS...my favorite store crust is Pillsbury Refrigerated boxed pie crusts. If you get a coupon and your store doubles and you wait for them to be on sale...it can bake up a tasty pie for very little money.

The least expensive way is to make your own, but I know a lot of folks are afraid of pies! I just baked up 3 for Turkey Day! Usually I make them with Crisco and flour and ice water, a dash of cinnamon , but this year, I was trying to be healthy and used corn oil, flour and ice water! YUM!!!

Happy pie baking season to you!

I'm afraid I needed the instructions, as well. I didn't lose them. When I went to remove the label so I could read the instructions, the thick ill placed hot glue dabs tore off bits of the baking instructions. Hot glue is very strong.

So by the time I managed to get the little bit of torn paper off the dab of hot glue it was not readable. So I googled the instructions for the pie shells. Maybe the people who apply the glue to the labels can be more discriminating about where and how much glue is applied?

🎃
    🍂
    😷
    https://www.thriftyfun.com/Marie-Callenders-Frozen-Pie-Crusts-Instructions-1.html