Marinated Yellowfin Tuna
The main part of our diet is fish. We eat a lot of tuna and yellowfin tuna. I love to cook yellowfin tuna in many different ways. As you all know yellowfin tuna can be very dry if you overcook it. That is why I use this fantastic marinade to marinate my fish before cooking. The fish is very tender and juicy when it is done.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 5 to 6 Minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour
Yield: 6 to 8 Yellowfin Tuna steaks
- 3 lb yellowfin tuna
- 6 Tbsp soy sauce
- 6 Tbsp lime juice
- 5 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 6 tsp sesame seed oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the yellowfin tuna into 1½ inch steaks. Place in a glass baking dish.
- Prepare your marinade sauce in a small bowl. Do not add the lime juice at this time.
- Use ½ of the sauce to place on the top of each yellowfin tuna steak. Turn them over so both sides are marinated. Put this in the refrigerator for around 1 hour, turn every 15 minutes.
- 15 minutes before you are ready to cook dinner, add the lime juice to the remaining marinade sauce. Pour the remaining sauce over the top of the fish. Do not allow it to marinate the fish for more than 15 minutes.
- Heat your frying pan on the stove on high heat. Place the yellowfin tuna steaks in the frying pan. Leave the sauce in the baking dish. You just want to sear the fish on both sides for 2 to 3 minutes. Cook on one side for 2 to 3 minutes and quickly turn over. Sear the other side and remove from the pan. Place back in the baking dish with the marinade sauce. Adding the lime juice to the fish before cooking cuts down on the time youll cook the fish. Do not over cook the fish otherwise, it will be very dry.
- Serve hot with rice. Use the marinade sauce over the fish when served.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!