FigurinesCollectibles

Markings on Jonathan David Figurines

Both of these figurines are marked the same. Is this done intentionally or did I stumble on a rare find?

It doesn't seem to be a rare find. They are asking $20 and less on ebay. www.ebay.com/.../bn_7023234893

Thank you, I did see that for He leadeth me (the one on the left in pic). However, the one on the right is He careth for me, but marked incorrectly. Its marked he leadeth me. Not knowing anything about precious moments (I inherited a boatload), Im sure its wrong, but is it a rare find? Worth anything? Appreciate anything you can add.

This is very interesting. We sold thousands of PMs at the Hallmark stores I worked for and I never saw a mistake like yours.

That said, in general most PM have not held value and I have never heard of any market for misprints.

There is an "official" Precious Moment site. Maybe they can shed some light on what happened here and if there is a market for the mistakes.

www.preciousmoments.com/faq

Post back with what they tell you! I will be so curious.

PS, do you have the boxes for the ones you have? Having the box helps in the resale world.

Thank you very much for the link. I will let you know what they say. No, I dont have the boxes for these two. Probably would never have found the misprint if I did. Have a get day.

Good morning. You are welcome.

Please let me know what they say. I am trying to get a hold of one of my former co-workers to see if she remembers anything about misprints and their values. If she remembers anything I will post back.

I did do a quick check of eBay and there are a few out there, but it does not seem to affect value one way or the other--meaning the ones that are printed right and the ones with the misprint are selling (or not selling) at the same prices.

Thanks again for sharing this! Just one tip when you do go to sell these please be sure to tell people you do not have the boxes, so they are not mislead. There are still some purist collectors out there and they are insistent that the piece have the box and the hang tag that some of them did. A few even want the original 'stuffing' materials that was in the box to protect them.

Blessings!

This seems to be an oddity but probably in this field (unlike coins) I believe it might lower the value instead of raising the value (of course, this is just my opinion).

This sort of thing happened when the machines were switched from one item to another but the imprint was not switched and several got printed incorrectly before mistake was corrected.

Sadly, these adorable figurines have not held their value and the market is flooded with Enesco and Jonathan David is just one of their artists.
You can check eBay sold listings to get a general idea of what people have paid for similar pieces - sold listings usually cover what was sold over the past several months. Percentage sold compared to percentage listed shows they are not selling very quickly even at very low prices.

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=enesco+johnathan...

Consumer Advice Collectibles FigurinesSeptember 4, 2019
🎂
📓
🌻