Mashed Potato Casserole
Because we were given several 10 pound bags of potatoes, I needed to come up with some different ways to use them (a large quantity) at one time. This potato casserole is one answer to my dilemma.
- 3 lb Russet potatoes, or more as needed
- 1/3 cup bottled Ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup hot milk
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Peel, wash, and cut up potatoes and place in boiling, salted water. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes until potatoes are done. Mash.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, place cream cheese, garlic, butter, milk, salad dressing, green onions, and cheese and blend until smooth.
- Mix with potatoes. Add to greased casserole dish. Sprinkle with additional cheese and green onion. Bake in 375 degree F oven for 40 minutes until browned.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.