Microwave Cake Recipes

Microwave Cakes
There are a lot of recipes available for making a cake in your microwave. This is a guide about microwave cake recipes.

I got this in my email and thought how fun! I am sure someone on here has tried it, if so I would love to have feedback on how it tastes.

Here it is.
These individual little cakes are amazing and ready to eat in one minute! They are perfect for whenever you feel like a treat without all the fat and calories that cake can have. Genius idea.

1 box of Angel Food cake mix, 1 box cake mix, any flavor, 2 Tbsp. water

Directions:
In a Ziploc bag, combine the two cake mixes together and mix well. For each individual cake serving, take out 3 tablespoons of the cake mix combination and mix it with 2 tablespoons of water in a small microwave-safe container. Microwave on high for 1 minute, and you have your own instant individual little cake. Keep remaining cake mixture stored in the Ziploc bag and use whenever you feel like a treat. You can top each cake with a dollop of fat free whipped topping and/or some fresh fruit.

Helpful Tips:
This recipe is called 3, 2, 1 Cake because all you need to remember is "3 tablespoons mix, 2 tablespoons water, 1 minute in the microwave!" Try various flavors of cake mix like carrot, red velvet, pineapple, lemon, orange, etc. Just remember that one of the mixes has to be the angel food mix; the other is your choice. The flavor possibilities are endless!

By Robyn from Tri-Cities, TN

Top Comment

I have made this. I used a devils food mix and the angel food mix. I found 45 seconds were best with my 1000W microwave. You can mix in a few mini marshmallows or chocolate chips. I have put a few choc chips on top and let them melt for a frosting. I am keeping the mix in a lock and lock container.

Top Comment

To the ones who would like to know how to cook this, I use a coffee cup, a large one. If you like, you can spray it first with Pam, but I don't I just soak the coffee cup in water after I am through eating the cake.

Blessings, Robyn

Quick and easy dessert which can be made for one, two, three or as many as you need to serve. No need to make a large cake which you might be tempted to eat until it is all gone.

• 1 box Angel Food cake mix
  • 1 box cake mix, any flavor
  • 2 Tbps. water

Directions:

Poor two boxes of cake mix into a Ziplock bag and mix well.

For each individual cake, take out three Tbsp. of the cake mix combination and mix it with 2 Tbsp. of water in a small microwave safe container.

Microwave on high for one minute and you have an instant individual cake.

Keep remaining cake mixture stored in Ziplock bag to use whenever you want to make a quick dessert.

Top with fat-free whipped topping and fruit of your choice to make a nice presentation and an even tastier treat.

You may use any flavor of cake mix as one of your choices, but one must always be the Angel Food cake mix because it has the eggs in it. There are endless combinations that you can try.

Servings: One or more as desired
Prep Time: 1 Minute
Cooking Time: One minute Minutes

Source: From a friend who is forever finding and trying new recipes with great results.

By Sandy from Elon, NC

Top Comment

This is just great when there are just 1 or 2 to cook for. What a great idea!

Single serving of cake.

Total Time: 2 minutes

Yield: 1 serving

• 1 box angel food cake mix
  • 1 box regular cake mix

1. Mix the 2 boxes of cake mix together. Add chocolate chips, nuts, coconut or other ingredients you like in cakes.
  2. For single serving: 3 Tbsp. mix in cup
  3. Add 2 Tbsp. water
  4. Microwave for 1 minute
  5. Enjoy!

This page contains coffee mug cake recipes. A personal cake can be made in a coffee mug.

Chocolate Mug Cake

Read More... Was this helpful? 1

This is a guide about converting an oven cake recipe to a microwave recipe. Some cake recipes are intended for making in a microwave, others can be adjusted from oven baking to microwave cooking.

Chocolate cake cooked in a mug

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes