Microwave Start Button Does Not Work

I have a Sanyo microwave, EM-S7595S, and it does not start. All the control panels are working, the inside light is working, but when I push the start button it does not start.

When I close the door, the inside light also turns off. Does that mean that the door is closed properly? While inspecting the latches I noticed that there is one bottom latch. Is it supposed to have a latch on the top as well?

What else could go wrong. Please advice.

By Shah from Ontario

This might not be your problem, but who knows? I had a similar situation several years ago. Everything seemed to be working till I shut the door and pressed start, then nothing. I asked my son to check it out as he is/was an electrician. Sure 'nuff he found the problem. I had a loaf of bread on top of the microwave. The plastic opening was hanging over the edge. When I shut the door a bit of the plastic was in the way, blocking the connection. Moved the bread and all worked fine. I would check to see if anything however small is blocking the connection.

Anonymous

I help. Me too had the piece of cloth on frui basket that gave the same problem. Million thanks

My start button did not work, after reading some of the answers I checked around the latch and sure enough there was a small piece of plastic of some sorts hung on the latch hook plate. Cleaning it with a Qtip fix the problem right away. Thank you.

Thank you so much for helping
Everyone was blaming me tht I breaked it down but when I read ur answers I went n saw cover was stuck in between it n the door didnt closed so thts why it wasnt starting