Miniature Pinscher Mix Photos and Information

Category Dog Breeds
Mixed breed dogs can make excellent companions and watchdogs. This page contains miniature pinscher mix photos and information.

I have a male min pin and I have a female shih-tzu mixed with pekingese. They have been breeding and they hung together last night. Does anyone know where I could go to find out what their pups would look like?

Brandy from Bullitt County, Kentucky

Answers

I hope you have homes for all the puppies they will have or that you will keep them yourself. Otherwise there is a good chance they will end up in a shelter and will be euthanized.
I do rescue and there are many pure breeds in the shelters that are put down. What do you think would happen to these pups?
I know this is not what you were asking but you need to think before you let them breed again.

I agree with the previous post. Why are you letting these dogs have puppies? Who is going to give these puppies a home? Do you know how many dogs are languishing in shelters and pounds and have no homes?

Don't listen to these people. I have 2 shitzu/min pin mixes,from the same woman who was breeding them, and they are wonderful dogs. They can be very time consuming though, because they demand tons of attention. Just be very careful when you socialize your dog, because if they get scared by someone, between the time of birth and somewhere around 4-5 months, they can become aggressive towards people and other animals. That is true with every puppy though. I think you will be very happy with the puppies you get.

To answer your question, we had a litter of 7 shih tzu / min pins. It wasn't on purpose, our female shih tzu doesn't get out but when she was in heat, the male min pin from down the street got in :O. It is stressful and expensive to have a litter, especially in winter so do do your homework to see if you really want to do this. BUT they were super cute and were easy to place as long as it was free (just got reimbursed for 1st shots). It's funny how many of them look like little terriers but a few look more min pin. 3 were short hair and 4 had longer hair. I have more pictures of the litter as they grew up at my photo site:

http://rubyvarg  /450571503_LHBzu
I love or sweet pups.

These are the 2 puppies we kept and they were the most polar opposite of the litter too. It is funny to tell people they are from the same litter, people don't believe it :D.

I recently bought two pintzus from an accidental breed (another from the litter went to another family member, so we have three in the family all in all). Two are much more terrier-like and have wirey hair (one black, one brown), while one of ours look much more pinscher like and has the lonnnnngest legs ever. She's black/white and very spry. None of them look like they came from the same litter at all.

If you wanna see them in action click here ===> http://www.youtube.com/mializaful .
And there's always pictures of them in my Flickr puppy stream: http://www.flic  157622421503035/

I'll post some photos below.

And a photo of our other pintzu, Mia. The first one was Liza.

I just adopted a male Pin-Tzu, Jackson. He is now 4 months old and the cutest little guy ever! The father was a p/b Min. Pin (8lbs) and the mother p/b Shih-Tzu (16 lbs). Jackson weighs 5.5 lbs and it does not look like he will get much bigger, but you never know.

The puppies look nothing like either parent, but more like terriers or even yorkies.

Jacksons' temperment is amazing and he is very smart and affectionate. I would recommend this breed to anyone.

I have a pin tzu but hes one that favors the pincsher. He is very loveable and doesn't weigh more than 5 lbs so far. All but one of the pups in the litter look like him and the other looks kind of like a terrier. I love my little dog hes the perfect house pet.

I have a shih tzu/min pin mix she is eleven weeks old and a real sweetie. I know that the hair can be a variety of length on them. However Autumn has longer hair and it is adorable. As shown in the pictures below.

After losing my Chihuahua, I was in search of another dog for my home. I found Sadie who is a Shih Tzu/Min Pin mix and I paid $75 for her. She recently got parvo (even though she was updated on shots) and lived through it, with the help of her mommy coming to the vet to see her every day she was there. I love my little Sadie Bug and she is all about me and very protective. I have 3 kids and she is great with them. She is very stubborn and was hard to potty train. I hope to have her for a long time bc she is my 4th child and I love her just like she is one of my own. She is very loving and I couldn't ask for a better pup.

I got a dog in Jan. 2008 from DENKAI and was told he is Min Pin mixed breed but I m not sure about his breed. He was about five months old in January 2008, now he is almost 7 months. They told me he will have medium height but now his weight and height is increasing and he is becoming longer, not much taller, but longer and gaining weight day by day. His weight is near around 30-31 lbs. and height 19 inches. So please help me to find his breed as some people says he is Rottweiler and some says he is Min Pin? Here I have his picture which I took in February 2008 when he was almost 6 months old. Now he is more taller and longer then this picture.

Thanks,
Deepali from CO

Answers

Doberman pinscher mixed with a smaller dog or a min pin mixed with a larger dog.

I have two min pins. And your picture looks just like a min pin with out its tail and ears done. What its mixed with would be really hard to tell, because it looks so much like the min pin.

now i have been working with all breeds and have been doing so with dogs for almost 15 years. as i see now he is very much min pin.and as to the other mixed part untill he is of full age and size it is hard to say 100% but he could be rot but i would be more apt to think of doberman pinscher.but i wouldnot rule out the other untill he is fully grown if you want to send me a snap whem he is a year or so then i will be able to be more able to be more defant on my answer.i do alot better on head on angles and side shots at there leval,if posable and any measurements and waghts are helpful then to. tlcdsfit@yahoo.com darcey fitrakis

Your dog looks like a Manchester Terrier. I had a female that looked exactly like your dog.

Hi, I have a dog that looks almost exactly like yours, mine is a mainly kelpie with a little bit of dobby mixed in. I just love the black and tan markings on them

Hope this helps.

I have a dog that looks just like your dog and my dog is a min pin.

Can a Min Pin/Rottweiler be as small as 20 lbs?

By Robyn B.

I know it's impossible to tell 100% what breed my mix puppy is just by looking at him, but I am very curious if there are any tell-tale signs to look for between a Miniature Pinscher and a Carlin Pinscher (which is a Min Pin and Pug mix.) We purchased our lil guy only two days ago, and he is 6 weeks old. We were told he his mother was a Chihuahua, and the father was a Min Pin or Carlin Pin. I am very curious if there is anything I can look for that would tell me a Pug is in the mix.

By Lisa

Answers

What an adorable baby you have! He looks all Min Pin to me, but sometimes its hard to tell the difference in Chi and Min Pin when they are this age. I don't see any Pug at all. May you have many long and happy years together!

"Very Cute" breed! I see MinPin... and if mixed with Chihuahua, then he'll be small, but such a cutie! Would like to see pics when he's about 6 months-a year!

This is a sweet baby but the person who bred him should know his mixed-breed. In any case he should not have left his Mother until eight weeks of age. Just love him for who he is.

She is two years old now, close to 35 pounds with floppy ears and a white patch on her chest. I've always been curious as to what she's mixed with. It would be very helpful if anyone can tell us what she could possibly be.

By Tamara

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Syrus is a 6 year old mixed breed. To the best of my ability I believe he is Min Pin and terrier mix. I bought him at the shelter when he was a puppy. Syrus was found on the street in Chicago. Someone found him and brought him to a local shelter. I got him when he was about 6-7 months. All the cages were filled up with other pets at the time and he was in a small crate by the cashiers. I asked them if he bites and if I could buy him. They said yes I can. He is a Min-Pin mix.

Syrus has a baby swimming pool he plays in the summer. He has lots of toys that he ripped all the stuffing out of. He likes pig ears, treats, and cookies. He also lets kids dress him up in outfits. I don't think he likes that, but it is funny.

You don't need to spend a lot of money on a pet in a pet store. Shelters are the best. He loves me and protects me. He is a very loyal and playful dog. He sits in my lap when I am at the computer and watching TV.

By Day from Palatine, IL

Dog in wading pool wtih tennis balls.

Comment Like this photo? 7

Khloe is 1 year and 3 months old and a miniature pincher and terrier mix. I got her from a friend in June of 2008. She loves to play with other dogs, mainly her sister. She is very smart. She has learned tricks within 15 minutes.

By Joni from Sarasota, FL

Comment Like this photo? 3

Your Pet's Age
5 years

Your Pet's Breed
Yorkie MinPin

How and when did you get your pet?
Sierra was rescued from a local shelter.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
She likes to play "hide and seek".

Do you have anything else to share about your pet?
Sierra loves to cuddle. Sometimes, she thinks she just can't get close enough!

Comment Like this photo? 3