Mix Beef, Pork and Veal for Best Meatloaf

1
Share
Pin
0
Save
Follow
Print

Everyone has their own old fashioned meatloaf recipe, usually handed down in the family. I know my mom taught me how to make my first meatloaf. I read somewhere that you can ask the butcher at your local supermarket to make up a 2 pound package of: 1/3 ground beef, 1/3 ground pork and 1/3 ground veal. He mixes this together and gives it to you for the price of the ground beef.

Add your own spices, egg, bread crumbs (I use Panko crumbs) and whatever else you like: onions, green pepper etc. This comes out to be the most unbelievable meatloaf I have ever eaten. I topped mine with a 1/4 can of diced tomatoes.

I made a gravy from the drippings (no grease), made a roux with flour and water and 1 envelope of onion soup mix and water and the remaining can of diced tomatoes. Cook about 60-75 minutes on 325 degrees. Serve this with hot whipped potatoes! Yummy!

Source: Read an article in a magazine

Food and Recipes Food Tips MeatJune 17, 2015
🐛
😎
🌻
🎆
👔
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Mix-Beef-Pork-and-Veal-for-Best-Meatloaf.html