Mock Corned Beef and Cabbage Dinner

While the store shelves are just barren, we have to get what we can and work with it, even if it means changing a few things. Today being Saint Patrick's Day, I went to the grocery store to get everything for my corn beef and cabbage dinner. Well, much to my surprise, there was not a package of corned beef in the store. I was crushed! So I just went to the deli department and ordered a pound of thick sliced red corned beef. And worked it out from there, with a bit of the Luck of the Irish upon me!

1. Using a large covered skillet. Prep all your vegetables. Have everything ready, plus your spices.
  2. Start with potatoes, carrots, celery, onions, garlic, (everything except the meat and cabbage). All in the skillet. Turn heat on high! When it starts to sizzle but not burn, pour 1/2 the chicken broth over the vegetables, stir and cover. Turn heat down to medium. For 15 minutes. Add more broth as needed. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until potatoes are a bit tender.
  3. Advertisement

4. Then lay across the 6 slices of meat and then put all the cabbage on top spreading it evenly over. Cover for about 10-15 minutes or until tender.
  5. Turn heat off. Keep covered. Open the can of beets.
  6. Serve in a wide deep bowl, getting a little of everything. Put some beets on the side! I was very surprised by the good flavor and the tender meat!

Food and Recipes Recipes Holidays St. Patrick's DayMarch 20, 2020
😷
😎
📓
🌻
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Mock-Corned-Beef-and-Cabbage-Dinner.html

St. Patrick's DayHolidays