Mockingbird Photos

This is a female mockingbird at the bird bath. They love grapes and cherries, and they also feed them to their babies. They chase all undesirables off the grounds, whether it's a cat, crow, or squirrel.

They are very smart, because one time I was chasing a crow with a pellet rifle. When I hit the crow, he just shook his feathers a bit. Two mocking birds were in the trees on each side of him. As soon as the crow moved, they went after him from both sides. It seemed as if they were waiting for me to do my thing, so they could step in and finish the job!

By Leigh from Litchfeild County, CT

A female mockingbird perched on a birdbath.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

2 More Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this page.

The Mockingbird was enjoying our new fence in the garden. We have many of them in our area. And one can hear them too! They love to sound their presence as they fly and glide about the garden.

Mockingbird Visits our Garden

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

Have you ever noticed mockingbirds scurrying about on the ground while intermittently raising their wings? I believe when the bird lifts its wings and exposes the white bands to the very close ground, the white bands disturb and frighten insects in the immediate area, causing them to move quickly to avoid danger.

A close up of a mockingbird walking on grass.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1

Photos WildlifeNovember 4, 2018
😷
🎄
🍂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Mockingbird-Photos.html